Household consumption in the Netherlands increased by 1.7 percent year-on-year in July 2019, after a downwardly revised 1.4 percent rise in the previous month. Spending growth accelerated for services (1.9 percent vs 1.4 percent in June), while spending on other goods rebounded (1.0 percent vs -2.2 percent). Meantime, spending of durable goods slowed (3.0 percent vs 3.7 percent in June). On the other hand, spending on food, beverages, tobacco was flat after increasing by 0.5 percent in the prior month. Personal Spending in Netherlands averaged 0.74 percent from 2002 until 2019, reaching an all time high of 4.30 percent in April of 2006 and a record low of -3.10 percent in May of 2009.

Personal Spending in Netherlands is expected to be 1.70 percent by the end of this quarter, according to Trading Economics global macro models and analysts expectations. Looking forward, we estimate Personal Spending in Netherlands to stand at 2.00 in 12 months time. In the long-term, the Netherlands Household Consumption YoY is projected to trend around 2.10 percent in 2020, according to our econometric models.

Netherlands Household Consumption YoY
width
height
Forecast Data Chart
Trading Economics members can view, download and compare data from nearly 200 countries, including more than 20 million economic indicators, exchange rates, government bond yields, stock indexes and commodity prices.

The Trading Economics Application Programming Interface (API) provides direct access to our data. It allows API clients to download millions of rows of historical data, to query our real-time economic calendar, subscribe to updates and receive quotes for currencies, commodities, stocks and bonds.


Calendar GMT Actual Previous Consensus TEForecast
2019-06-20 04:30 AM Household Consumption YoY Apr 1.8% 1% 1.5%
2019-07-22 04:30 AM Household Consumption YoY May 2.4% 1.8% 1.4%
2019-08-21 04:30 AM Household Consumption YoY Jun 1.7% 2.6% 1.9%
2019-09-19 04:30 AM Household Consumption YoY Jul 1.7% 1.4% 2%
2019-10-22 04:30 AM Household Consumption YoY Aug 1.7%
2019-11-21 05:30 AM Household Consumption YoY Sep 1.7%
2019-12-20 05:30 AM Household Consumption YoY Oct


Netherlands Consumer Last Previous Highest Lowest Unit
Consumer Confidence -2.00 0.00 36.00 -41.00 Index Points [+]
Retail Sales MoM -0.10 -0.10 4.30 -5.80 percent [+]
Retail Sales YoY 3.40 2.80 9.30 -6.40 percent [+]
Consumer Spending 83270.00 82633.00 83270.00 40834.00 EUR Million [+]
Disposable Personal Income 346950.00 331011.00 346950.00 85986.00 EUR Million [+]
Personal Savings 9.66 15.73 28.38 1.97 percent [+]
Private Sector Credit 1046479.00 1047880.00 1108789.00 181146.00 EUR Million [+]
Bank Lending Rate 0.80 0.85 6.26 0.80 percent [+]
Personal Spending 1.70 1.40 4.30 -3.10 percent [+]
Consumer Credit 15084.00 15537.00 28719.00 12188.00 EUR Million [+]
Gasoline Prices 1.91 1.94 2.53 1.03 USD/Liter [+]
Households Debt To GDP 102.00 102.70 119.60 50.00 percent of GDP [+]
Households Debt To Income 199.13 208.93 231.82 151.56 percent [+]
Consumer Confidence Current Conditions 49.00 54.00 55.00 -84.00 [+]
Consumer Confidence Economic Expectations 41.00 40.00 49.00 -61.00 [+]
Consumer Confidence Financial Expectations 11.00 10.00 35.00 -27.00 [+]
Consumer Confidence Major Purchases Expectations 19.00 18.00 36.00 -43.00 [+]


Netherlands Household Consumption YoY

In the Netherlands, Household Consumption YoY measures the year-on-year change of consumption expenditure by households. Consumption expenditure includes all voluntary expenditure on goods and services by private individuals and households. It does not include compulsory expenditure such as taxes. Services is the most important sector and accounts for 58 percent of total consumption. The biggest segments within Services are housing; financial and business services; transport, communication services; and medical services and welfare. Consumption of goods account for the remaining 42 percent, in particular durable consumer goods (15 percent) and food, beverages and tobacco (15 percent). This page provides - Netherlands Consumer Spending MoM- actual values, historical data, forecast, chart, statistics, economic calendar and news. Netherlands Household Consumption YoY - actual data, historical chart and calendar of releases - was last updated on September of 2019.

Actual Previous Highest Lowest Dates Unit Frequency
1.70 1.40 4.30 -3.10 2002 - 2019 percent Monthly
WDA




Country Last Previous
France 0.40 Jul/19
Netherlands 1.70 Jul/19
United States 0.60 Jul/19


Related

Latest