Ireland Imports  1970-2017 | Data | Chart | Calendar | Forecast | News

Imports to Ireland declined 17 percent year-on-year to EUR 5,535 million in September 2017, led by reduced purchases of other transport equipment, including aircraft (-60 percent). Conversely, imports rose for medical and pharmaceutical products (32 percent), food and live animals (11 percent) and petroleum (14 percent). The EU accounted for EUR 3,453 million, or 62 percent of the value of goods imports, a decrease of EUR 516 million, or 13 percent, compared to the previous year. Imports from the UK advanced by EUR 54 million, or 4 percent, to EUR 1,411 million, mostly driven by mineral fuels, lubricants and related materials. The US with EUR 865 million, or 16 percent, and China with EUR 389 million, or 7 percent, were the main non-EU sources of imports. The total value of imports from non-EU countries in September 2017 was EUR 2,083 million, a decrease of EUR 610 million, or 23 percent, of total imports. Imports in Ireland averaged 2500511.90 EUR Thousand from 1970 until 2017, reaching an all time high of 7235800 EUR Thousand in November of 2016 and a record low of 62344 EUR Thousand in August of 1970.

Ireland Imports
width
height
Trading Economics members can view, download and compare data from nearly 200 countries, including more than 20 million economic indicators, exchange rates, government bond yields, stock indexes and commodity prices.

The Trading Economics Application Programming Interface (API) provides direct access to our data. It allows API clients to download millions of rows of historical data, to query our real-time economic calendar, subscribe to updates and receive quotes for currencies, commodities, stocks and bonds.



Ireland Trade Last Previous Highest Lowest Unit
Balance of Trade 4065700.00 3530900.00 5025500.00 -280890.00 EUR Thousand [+]
Exports 9601000.00 9161400.00 11796900.00 44885.00 EUR Thousand [+]
Imports 5535300.00 5630500.00 7235800.00 62344.00 EUR Thousand [+]
Current Account -872.00 8570.00 8570.00 -4784.00 EUR Million [+]
Current Account to GDP 4.70 10.20 10.20 -13.40 percent [+]
External Debt 2034086.00 2067250.00 2226855.00 521792.00 EUR Million [+]
Terms of Trade 91.70 105.40 138.10 86.10 Index Points [+]
Capital Flows -24730.00 -2948.00 13005.00 -24730.00 EUR Million [+]
Tourist Arrivals 3095.60 2769.40 3095.60 254.00 Thousand [+]
Gold Reserves 6.00 6.00 6.00 5.47 Tonnes [+]
Terrorism Index 3.43 3.66 3.66 0.04 [+]
Weapons Sales 13.00 26.00 30.00 1.00 USD Million [+]
Foreign Direct Investment 25316.00 -5212.00 129910.00 -17020.00 EUR Million [+]

Exports by Country  |   Exports by Category  |   Imports by Country  |   Imports by Category



Ireland Imports

Ireland main imports are: electrical machinery and components (16 percent of total imports), fuel (15 percent), motor vehicles (10 percent), food (10 percent) and medical and pharmaceutical products (9 percent). The European Union accounts for 60 percent of total imports. Main import partners are: United Kingdom (34 percent of total imports), United States (12 percent), Germany (8 percent), Netherlands (5 percent), China (6 percent) and France (4 percent). This page provides the latest reported value for - Ireland Imports - plus previous releases, historical high and low, short-term forecast and long-term prediction, economic calendar, survey consensus and news. Ireland Imports - actual data, historical chart and calendar of releases - was last updated on November of 2017.

Actual Previous Highest Lowest Dates Unit Frequency
5535300.00 5630500.00 7235800.00 62344.00 1970 - 2017 EUR Thousand Monthly
Current Prices, NSA