The Colombian economy advanced by 12 percent year-on-year in April of 2022, quickening from an upwardly revised 7.7 percent rise in the previous month. It was the fastest growth rate since September last year, boosted by services (14.4 percent vs 10.2 percent in March) and secondary activities (11.9 percent vs 7.2 percent). At the same time, output contracted less in primary activities (-2 percent vs -5.5 percent). source: Dane, Colombia

Leading Economic Index in Colombia averaged 3.90 percent from 2001 until 2022, reaching an all time high of 25.10 percent in April of 2021 and a record low of -20.70 percent in April of 2020. This page provides - Chile Leading Composite Index - actual values, historical data, forecast, chart, statistics, economic calendar and news. Colombia Leading Economic Index - data, historical chart, forecasts and calendar of releases - was last updated on July of 2022.

Leading Economic Index in Colombia is expected to be 5.00 percent by the end of this quarter, according to Trading Economics global macro models and analysts expectations. In the long-term, the Colombia Leading Economic Index is projected to trend around 1.00 percent in 2023, according to our econometric models.

Ok
Trading Economics members can view, download and compare data from nearly 200 countries, including more than 20 million economic indicators, exchange rates, government bond yields, stock indexes and commodity prices.

The Trading Economics Application Programming Interface (API) provides direct access to our data. It allows API clients to download millions of rows of historical data, to query our real-time economic calendar, subscribe to updates and receive quotes for currencies, commodities, stocks and bonds.

Please Paste this Code in your Website
width
height
Colombia Leading Economic Index



Calendar GMT Actual Previous Consensus TEForecast
2022-05-16 05:30 PM Mar 7.6% 9% 2%
2022-06-17 05:30 PM Apr 12% 7.7% 6%
2022-07-18 07:00 PM May 12% 9%


Related Last Previous Unit Reference
Industrial Production 13.50 12.20 percent Apr 2022
Total Vehicle Sales 11487.00 9806.00 Units Apr 2022
Leading Economic Index 12.00 7.70 percent Apr 2022
Cement Production 1250767.59 1215579.29 Tonnes May 2022
Industrial Production Mom 0.20 3.60 percent Apr 2022

Colombia Leading Economic Index
In Colombia, the leading economic index ISE summarizes the activity of different economic sectors in a given month, anticipating future movements in GDP. The index aggregates the dynamics in economic activities such as production in industry, agriculture and other sectors, accounting for 78.8 percent of total index while dynamics of certain products such as rice, fruit, milk, footwear and drinks account for the remaining 21.2 percent.
Actual Previous Highest Lowest Dates Unit Frequency
12.00 7.70 25.10 -20.70 2001 - 2022 percent Monthly
2015=100, NSA

News Stream
Colombia Economic Activity Growth Hits 7-Month High
The Colombian economy advanced by 12 percent year-on-year in April of 2022, quickening from an upwardly revised 7.7 percent rise in the previous month. It was the fastest growth rate since September last year, boosted by services (14.4 percent vs 10.2 percent in March) and secondary activities (11.9 percent vs 7.2 percent). At the same time, output contracted less in primary activities (-2 percent vs -5.5 percent).
2022-06-17
Colombia Economic Activity Grows at Slower Pace
The Colombian economy expanded 7.6 percent year-on-year in March of 2022, slowing from an upwardly revised 9 percent gain in the previous month. Output slowed for secondary activities (7.1 percent vs 9.7 percent); and declined for primary activities (-5.5 percent vs 3.2 percent). On the contrary, output accelerated for services (10.1 percent vs 10 percent).
2022-05-16
Colombia Economic Activity Gains Momentum
The Colombian economy expanded 8.1 percent year-on-year in February of 2022, following a revised 7.7 percent gain in the previous month. Output accelerated for services (8.9 percent vs 8.3 percent in January) while it rebounded for primary activities (0.9 percent vs -2.6 percent). On the other hand, output slowed for industrial activities (10.1 percent vs 12.0 percent). On a monthly basis, economic activity rebounded 4.3 percent in February, from a 6.3 percent drop in the prior month.
2022-04-18